Monday, August 30, 2010

Golden Zucchini Fritters


                                                               
  Zucchini Fritters

2 small or 1 med zucchini (I used a golden zucc from my garden)
shred and use a towel to dry most or all the moister from the shreds
(about 2 cups)

To the shreds add:

1 teaspoon chopped garlic

1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian) but you could use homemade dry bread crumbs with a pinch of Italian seasoning.

1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend

1egg

salt and pepper

To cook:

Heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet.
Pat zucchini mixture into patties (they will be somewhat wet and mushy but should hold together) if they don't add some more bread crumbs.

Cook fritters until golden on first side then gently flip and cook the other side.

Plate up and sprinkle with a bit of cheese shreds and some fresh herbs (I used parsley and chives from my garden)

Dipping sauce:

I used Ranch dressing with pepper flakes sprinkled on top.

You could also use are marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce!




I hope you all had a wonder summer!
Don't forget there is still time to enter my giveaway!

Peace and Love,
Georgiann

2 comments:

  1. Ooo!! I am trying those for sure!!! I've been making chocolate chip zucchini bread and freezing it for winter snack time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks so good, I'll bet even the non-zucchini lovers in the family would like this :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!