Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In Search Of Spring



Wow today I woke from my winter slumber to feel the warmth of the sun on my face as it was peaking through my bedroom curtains. I grabbed my camera and headed out......in search of spring!
I felt like a child as I chased this robin from tree to tree and keep him/her in my sights with my zoom lens! My heart was happy and dancing as I felt GOD bathe me in peace and love.
Nature has that effect on me.
What a truly wonderful day this is going to be!
Spring fever is here........even if for a day!

Garden clogs here I come!
I can smell the dirt already!
I'm just a little excited!!!!!!!


We did have a little bit of frost this morning but think I will plant my cool weather plants today!
I have a cloche I made last year to use as a crop cover!
I will be planting a flat each of cauliflower, broccoli and a few cabbages.
I will also get my potato tubs planted.
This year I will grow only 2 kinds..... russets and a blue/purple potato!

If I have time I would like to get the ground ready for my peas today.
{I will sow seed directly into the ground}


Peace and Love,
Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgiann - just popping over to say hi. You are excited about spring and I am looking forward to some cooler days! I have just planted out 3 hanging baskets which are almost identical to the one in you picture. Two have strawberry plants in and the third is filled with trailing herbs. We sowed beans just a couple of weeks ago and they sprouted within days and are already growing up tall. There is so much you can plant here in autumn, in fact it is almost better than spring as plants are less likely to go to seed.
    Hope you are enjoying your garden in spring. Have a most blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!