Sunday, July 10, 2011

The infertility rollicoaster!

I know a few of you have been waiting to hear how my NaPro appointment went.
It went very good! Doctor O is a wonderful christian man and DR! He did a pap and an exam.
It was discovered that I have a tipped uterus and my cervix is behind my pubic bone.
We are not sure if that is part of the problem?
My DR prayed with me and seemed to genuinely care. He ordered a series of blood tests that will be carried out over a months time. (the 24 hour 7 day a week lab is a 40 minute drive one way.) I will have blood draws almost every other day for the next month. All the samples will be saved and sent on dry ice to Nebraska at the same time for analyses. After the results are in Doctor O will call me and go from there.

Part of infertility that really stinks is the emotional rollicoaster!

The "2 week waiting period" is the hardest for me. Its the longest 2 weeks of a women's life as she waits to "test" for pregnancy.
During this time I try to remain hopeful.....every little pain or "feeling" makes me think "this could be the month"......my month!!!! (I'm going through that right now as I type)  I try to figure out my possible due date and what would be going on in my life then. Part of me wants to test 5 days before my period is due so I will know......the other part of me does not want to "know". I like dreaming and hoping! Many months I have tested to only wipe after and discover Aunt Flo has come to visit once again. Then I get mad at my self for not just waiting.
No matter if I test early or wait to test......disappointment always seems to find me. There is no hiding from it. Some months I don't test at all......I just wait for Mr. Disappointment to show up!
(he's pretty reliable) and always shows up with his wife FLO!

Over the past week I have wondered....Do I have a souvenir from my trip? I joked with Doctor O.....I sure hope the twins Court and Alene are on their way! (We went to Coude Alene ID).

I won't let my mind think there will be no more babies....but I do know that that is a possibility.

I have another week to go before I can test~
At least I will be preoccupied with VBS this week.

I had been trying to lose weight but only kept with it for 3 weeks......I did not lose any! :(
At church 4 weeks ago, 2 people thought I was 8 months pregnant ( I did look like I was....it was the skirt I was wearing) One lady rubbed my tummy and said "how much longer did I have?" I came home and cryed!




Did I tell you that I am in a emotional funk? 

I have a real nesting urge even though I'm not pregnant (that I know of)!

I have been pondering giving my whole house a makeover.
So after I eat this Red Velvet cupcake and drink my tea...I'm going to the store for paint sample chips!
I want to paint my whole house all new colors!

And I know the cupcake is not helping with the weight loss program~ grrrr!!!!

Peace and Love,
Georgiann

3 comments:

  1. Georgiann,
    I came by yesterday but couldn't leave a comment--Google wouldn't let me sign in though I was already signed in. Just kept sending me back to the sign in page. Grrr...

    I had to laugh at your comment about discovering Aunt Flo upon taking pregnancy test. Yep!! Me too. Several times. :-) Not so bad if you're using strips that are really cheap but if you have a store (expensive!) test--Wow!! What a bummer inside a bummer.

    Next month I will have went a whole year without a visit from Auntie Flo and have longed for a visit from her for some time. I'm just not ready to commit to the big M phase yet. Boo Hoo!! But I rest in God's desire for my life. Not that I'm not up for trying a few things every now and then to experiment (herbs, creams, diet, etc...) but I just keep hearing "no". His will not mine...

    I pray that the Lord will bless you once again and that you will carry another blessing full term and see the fruits of our "labor"... God willing. I pray for peace and joy in your life with or without any new additions. Blessings upon your life Dear Friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a doctor you like!

    I also have a tipped uterus and we've been waiting for well over a year now for our next baby to come. My last two were about 3.5 years apart and my youngest is now nearly 3 1/2 and still no pregnancy.

    I get baby twinges every time I see a baby or toddler. I want to mother a little one so badly.

    I understand just how you feel and how discouraging it can be to NOT be pregnant when you so want another child.

    Every month is a waiting game. I wonder if that nausea is pregnancy nausea or if I'm just getting a "bug". If I'm more tired than usual I'm convinced it's a pregnancy, etc.

    Then my period comes and I realize once again my womb is empty.

    Anyway....you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I loved seeing pictures of your vacation, too. :)

    --Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris,
    Sorry you had a hard time with leaving a comment.

    Kris and Kari~
    Your blog friendship and prayers mean a lot to me.
    Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!