Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going Green!

When going Green we might think why bother?...the things I do can't change the world!
I'm here to tell you....
Every bit counts to make this world a better place! Change starts with us!

One thing I recently did was decide to not buy paper napkins and paper towels!
I had said that line before, but did not buy an alternative to wipe our faces at meal time. Cloth napkins are very spendy and I would need a lot! So after a short time we went back to paper towels.

I guess I thought we were just going to be neat little eaters....ALL 8 of us! Never needing to wipe our face again....even on spaghetti night! LOL Boy was I wrong:)

So this time around I came up with a new idea. I bought striped dish cloths from Walmart to use as napkins and for spills. (The dish cloths I use for cleaning are plain white.) A package of 7 cloths was $3.00. I bought 4 packs...so I spent $12.00 and have 28 cloths. Paper towels are about $8.00 and last about 1 month or less. So I will save $$$$ in the long run. Frugal and Green! YAH!


I also decided to buy a very small $10.00 trash can with a pull out bucket to but the dirty NAPKINS aka dish cloths in for laundry. The pull out bucket is small and easy for my 3 yr old to carry the soil cloths upstairs to the laundry room. (it also helps to keep them from getting lost in the laundry).

My 3yr old loves to help with anything and everything! She has been folding the dish towels and wash rags since she was 2. She is really lovin' her newest little chore!



So in honor of St. Patricks Day....what are you going to do to go GREEN?

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Our going green has been a process that started many years ago. I know there are many, many more things I could do. We do cloth napkins, but I am forever throwing them (and the dishcoths) on the floor in the kitchen to await a time I can head downstairs to the laundry. I like your idea much better!

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!