Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quiverfull..

I was asked to write about the topic if being quiverfull. My husband and I have 6 children. When we were first married we used a rough form of the rhythm method. Then I learned the Billings or BOMA method. After our 5 th child I was given 2 books from a friend at church,one was
Life Giving Love (Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage.) and a NFP book.
NFP is only to be used when pregnancy is needed to be postponed for medical reasons. Some use NFP for selfish reasons.
We are currently not using anything, we are open to what God wants for us. Sometimes my husband gets nervous about the thought of more children, some how God always calms his fears.We consider children to to a blessing not a burden. We trust God knows what is best for us. We will gladly except as many children as God will give to us. God is the only one to open and close the womb. Fertility is a gift...
We are Quiverfull!~

Prayers and Blessings,
Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are Quiverfull as well...but we don't have any blessings yet. Infertility is a long and not too fun of a road to travel on, but we are continuing to trust God. He created us after all, He knows what He is doing. :)

    It's such a blessing to hear you say you are open to more children. Praise God!!!! In a society where birth control is the norm and 1 or 2 kids is it, it's like pieces of sunshine to see a family allowing God to plan their family size. :-)

    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!