Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reflections...


I was remembering what I was doing around Sept. 11, 2001. I was reflecting on how that day effected our family. We had three boys at the time,and wanted another child. We had been trying to get pregnant for several months prior and each time I took the pregnancy test I would sit and watch the test strip lines come up, or should I say line... not pregnant! I was so disappointed.
Well, when my husband came home from work that tragic day, he announced we would not be trying to get pregnant anymore. No more bringing children into such a cruel world! That day really traumatized my husband. So I thought I would let some time pass and ask him agian in the spring.
Well I did not have to wait that long... I was already pregnant and did not know yet! God really knows what he is doing. He knows what is best for us. My husband was happy at the news, and most of his fears were put to rest. Our 4 th boy was born June 11, 2002 exactly 9 months later. God shows us his face in times of trouble, we just need to lift up our heads and look around!

The bible says:

Fear of man will prove to be a snare,but whoever trust in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. Proverbs 3: 25,26


Peace and Prayers,

Georgiann

2 comments:

  1. God has each and every one of our lives already mapped out. Sometimes I wish I could see a quick peak into the future to know what to prepare for, but then, I wouldn't need to fully trust God, I would be trying to fix the problem before it happend, know what I mean?

    Blessings from a new reader,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming to my blog! I hope you will stop by again.
    Peace, Georgiann

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!