Saturday, August 20, 2011

{notes from this weeks CSA co-op harvest}




We were warmly greeted this week by a girl conducting a strawberry taste test.
We sampled 6 kinds of strawberries and rated them on several qualities.


So fun!


This weeks sample share was:

1 head of cauliflower
1# of potatoes
.75# of squash
2 med. sweet onions
1 med tomato
.75# green beans
1 head of lettuce
1 bundle of greens
1 pint blueberries
1 pint cherry tomatoes u-pick
Herbs u-pick

Plus I buy a salad and u-pick flower share!!!! :)


All my kiddos came to the farm except Jarett whom rarely goes with us.
He is 17yr old and busy with sports etc.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!