Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Hands Of Time.....

One generation to the next.....sitting on the porch shelling peas! Gramdma shelling peas and sharing stories from the past as only a grandma can do! Its been a JOY to have my mom in town......passing down the domestic arts with my girls and I!
I plan to bake a chicken pot pie with some of our sweet peas and freeze the rest!
The weather here has cooled and we are due to get some rain soon! So I figure a little comfort food is in order!
Here in the Pacific Northwest the smell of fall is upon us! There is a certain crispness in the air! Only 4 weeks until the State Fair! (I keep telling myself not to rush things.....I will miss summer)

Well, I have a bit of laundry to catch up on book calling my name so I'm off!

Blessings,
Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgiann! I'm just popping by to shell peas with ya! :) Sounds like you're having a great time with you mom. Aren't momma's wonderful?

    Thanks for letting me join in the fun.
    Have a blessed and wonderful weekend.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!