Friday, August 28, 2009

The Stroll @ Edgefield

There were many cute little buildings nestled on Edgefield Winery grounds! The spread holds 5 restaurants,a cigar room,pubs and pool halls,golf greens,veggy gardens, fields of wine grapes,a park,banquet halls,spa and pool as well as a small inn! The place is loaded with paintings....some in frames some just murals right on the wall! The place was full of people the night life was hoppin'! You could here music and laughter of a few wedding receptions taking place!

My sisters room at the inn was located in this hall, the same building as the Black Rabbit Restaurant and the Barley Room where the rehearsal dinner was held! Just a quick walk through this cute library lounge and you were to her room!

Here is a look out the library window.......

There were courtyards with patio seating for the many restaurants guests!


We took a quick walk up to the Blackberry Meadow and Hall to see where the BIG event would take place! (This was the front of the Black Rabbit Restaurant as I was walking away up the hill)

It was starting to get dark the night of the rehearsal dinner so some of these pictures were taken the next day when I when to help my sister make the boutonnieres and bouquets for the wedding!
What a cool entrance to a garden! My heart skipped a beat when I saw this red door!

It beckoned me to enter and follow the path.....until my dad called to say I need to make hast back to Best Western! I needed to retrieve my kiddos so Mom could get her hair done for the wedding!
The garden was huge and I only had time to snap a few more pictures before heading back!



The place was just lovely!
I hope I didn't bore you with my pictures?....my favorite picture is the one of the red door!
Stay tune for pictures of the Wedding...maybe next week sometime?.....ALL my kiddos were in it and looked very stunning!

Blessings,
Georgiann

3 comments:

  1. Georgiann,
    Beautiful pictures!! Yes, that red door beckons me as well. How did you ever resist??? :-) We live in an area with lots of Mennonites and Amish and though they claim to be "plain" their yards and gardens are absolutely stunning!! I always wonder how they manage to keep it all so nice!! Anyway, thanks for sharing!!
    Blessings!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE looking at gardens - that door is calling - what's beyond?!!! I don't know how you dragged yourself away - that would have been hard!! Pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lovely place! There are some places that just fuel the imagination and that looks like one of them!

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!