Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cleaning Out!


Well I have just a few minutes to blog before the rest of the kiddos get home from school.

My cleaning and decluttering has been going great. I have a goal of 3 large trash bags of Goodwill and 2 bags of garbage each day! Every time I do the laundry and take things out one by one I have a goal of 5 pieces of clothes to get rid of....even if the kids like it and seem to wear it. We have way to much stuff.

I see how much we spent on things that never get used...I pray before I start cleaning for God to help me let my things go. I want to bless people with things I like...not just my left overs!

Yesterday I took 5 bags to the Goodwill truck. Most days I average 2 bags. I'm am starting to feel free of all the clutter...I have a little ways to go before I really feel Awesome about things...Sometimes it feels overwhelming. There is still way to much stuff and I bounce from room to room putting things in the bag. I can see the life I want and I will have it!

I got rid of 2 bags of really nice baby clothes I had been saving...I took it to MOPS for the free table. The gal in charge said for me to take the stuff out of the bag and lay it on the table.....I took a deep breath and my heart started to race. I told her that I couldn't do that...I could not see those clothes again or I might not get rid of them. I had forgotten what was in the bag...and it need to stay that way!

We have had rain for 3 straight days and nights and the rain is still coming down hard! Many roads are closed and most of the state is flooding. My girls are feeling under the weather. There are no after school activities tonight and...the kiddos just came in and said school is 2 hour delay tomorrow because of all this rain!


Tonight for dinner is beef enchiladas and salad!
It is defiantly a cozy in day! I pray my Hubby has a safe drive home as many roads have water over the road way...my Hubby has worked out in the cold weather ALL day! I love my man!

Peace and Blessings,
Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you're doing a wonderful job Georgiann. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!