Friday, June 19, 2009

The Joy Of The Harvest!

God provides us with food......so far we have harvested:

broccoli
jalapenos
tomatoes
cilantro
basil (1 of 5 kinds)
thyme (1 of 3 kinds)
rosemary
parsley
beets (1 of 2 kinds)
radishes (1 of 3 kinds)
lettuce (2 kinds)
Swiss chard

The herb garden is spilling over with about 12 kinds of herbs in many varieties.
mint (4 kinds)
rosemary
parsley
thyme (3 kinds)
sage
basil (5 kinds)
chives
oregano (Italian)
dill
savory
cilantro
fennel for seeds
cilantro seeds are coriander

Some are in need of a pruning back (harvested and dried)!
I will save that for another post!

We also have a ton of other produce that will not be ready to harvest until the end of summer or early fall!

potatoes (3 kinds)
carrots (4 kinds)
cucumber (2 kinds) I had 4 but 2 got killed in our late frost!
zucchini
yellow long neck squash
egg plant
onions (2 kinds)
corn (4kinds)
sunflowers
cabbage
cauliflower
pole peas
bush beans (3 kinds)
horticulture bean (for drying and making bean soup)
pumpkins (2 kinds)
tomatillo
bronze fennel
tomatoes (5 kinds)
peppers (6 kinds)
edible flowers (10 kinds)
and berries (7 kinds)

We also have a few fruit trees!
apple (2 kinds)
and a pear

My cherry tree died and my peach tree was hit by a flying skateboard so I must dig them out!

I planted some broccoli rabbi but it bolted so I fed it to the chickens. (3 kinds)
We get about 18 eggs a week from our 3 girls!







Enjoying

the
beauty of


the
Garden!
















































Jackie was so excited to use scissors to cut the tomatoes from the plant!
The tomatoes were ready for harvest so we decided to make a small bowl of salsa!
We have been letting the garden decide whats for dinner!


What is ripe?

How can I use the 20 or so herbs I have growing in my garden?

Tonight for dinner I will make homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread!
So bye for now...there is cookin' to do!

You can go over to The Rustic Kitchen (my other blog) to see the salsa we made! (and other yummy recipes!)


Blessings for a wonderful day!

Georgiann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!