Thursday, January 14, 2010

Homemade Face Scrub~

Back to Basics Face Scrub
  • 1/2 cup sugar....I use unbleached organic!
  • 3/4 cup honey.....Raw is best but I did not have any.
  • 1/4 cup olive oil.....you could also try another plant oil. ie: apricot, jojoba etc...
  • Essential Oils (you can experiment....but do some reading first as some can not be used on the face or while pregnant!!!)
  • Mix the ingredients well and each time you go to use it because the oils will go to the top.
I recommend making small batches of face scrub until you find what combo works well for you!
I used 5 drops Lavender, 2 drops Rosemary & 3 drops Patchouli! When I read in one of my books AFTER making my first batch a few weeks ago my book said rosemary should not be used on the face. I had no problem with it in my first batch so I added some to my second batch. (I love the smell).
You can use Tea tree, Chamomile or others......just do some reading on them first!




Many things we use to clean our face and use on our skin afterwards have many harmful things in them. I know many people that use baby oil on their body after a shower but did you know that baby oil is made with a petroleum product called mineral oil?
Mineral oil is what is left after processing crude oil to make gasoline!!!! It cost more for companies to "dispose of it" so they sell it cheap to lotion and makeup companies!
Many face cleansers, make-up, shampoos and conditioners are filled with very bad things including mineral oil and parabens! I have gone through and got rid of most of what I had in my bathroom cabinets. Oh the dumb stuff we spend our $$$$$$ on!!!!! I have lost the desire to spend money on things that clutter my bathroom and that are not good for my skin or hair! My body and pocket book thank me for it!

No wonder I have pimples and clogged pores!!!!!
You can go here to read more about the subject of mineral oil!

Skin care right out of my kitchen! Made with NATURAL ingredients....it has to be good! And it only cost me about $ 2.00 to make this 1 month+ supply of natural face scrub you could even eat it if you wanted!!!! ( though I don't recomend it).




Every morning and most evenings I wash my face with my homemade scrub using small terri-cloth & fabric pads I made.
I wish I had a serger! O well I was trying for the rustic look anyways...right???? No laughing at my sewing job!
  • I now have a small pad for washing VS a large wash cloth each time. (I backed these small terri-cloth pads with fabric so I could find them eazier in the laundry!)
I have a even smaller one for applying my witch-hazel / tea-tree oil toner! No more need for bleached cotton balls or throw away cotton rounds!
I need to make a bunch more of these cool pads so I can use 2 each day... and some for my teenager with skin problems!

For a skin toner after washing I use Witch Hazel with several drops of tea-tree oil.

I rarely wear make up anymore! My face feels alive and my skin looks radiant...so why bother with make-up?

Peace and Love,
Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. Bookmarking this! I can't wait to try it!
    Blessings to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!