Friday, March 12, 2010

Bonding With Books~

Once upon a time there was a little girl who wanted her brother to read her a story.
Brother lovingly said, yes! Thou brother is only 10 he knows the importance of reading and enjoys sharing time with his sister making memories with her that will last a lifetime~




Do you remember books and stories from your childhood?

Can you still see the pictures in your mind even though you may not have seen the book in years?

What was your favorite story or book as a child?

My mom was hard of hearing so she really never read to us much.....but I remember my first grade teacher Mrs.Pen, she wore her hair in a cone shaped bee hive. It looked like the top of a ink pen. LOL
She read Eric Carls "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" to me for the first time and it became my favorite childhhood book. I loved all the holes on the pages, there was something magical about them.
My favorite page is Saturday!....and of course the end were the caterpiller becomes a butterfly!

I was so thrilled a few years back when Carters came out with baby clothes with the Hungry Caterpiller theme! I bought a few things from the collection....some new and some from the thrift store....I do my best to keep them in good shape as they are family heirlooms~ LOL giggle giggle!

Have a great Friday and a safe weekend!


Blessings,
Georgiann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!