Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Healthy Eating~

Happy St. Patricks Day~


Today for breakfast the kids and I had Steel Cut Irish Oats topped with cinnamon, real maple syrup and a splash of vanilla soy. I wanted to cook up something Irish since our traditional corn beef and cabbage dinner with all the fixins will have to wait one more day! :( (Hubby won't be here for dinner tonight).

This morning the kids and I also had a smoothie: Frozen strawberries,banana,unsweetened yogurt, honey,ground golden flax, wheat germ and vanilla soy milk. (with the help of Jackie)

I then baked up some yummy
Whole Food Blueberry Muffins! (with the help of Olivia)


My house smells like a bakery today!

Tomorrow it will smell like cooking cabbage.....stinky but oh so yummy! LOL


I also have a loaf of whole wheat bread going in my bread machine!



For dinner I will make a shrimp and Asian noodle stir fry with tons of veggies.

Whats everyone else eating tonight?



Peace and Blessings,

Georgiann

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by.

    Your kitchen sounds like it smells Heavenly...I was a Slacker Mom, and went with "Boughten" cookies and cards...

    It sounds like your Family lives a lot like my Husband and I DREAM of living...I'll have to stick around and learn...

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!