Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday~ Faith and Scripture Tea~


Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent~
I will be making time for extra prayer over the next 6 weeks or so. I will snuggle up with my kiddos and read to them what our Faith teaches us about this time in the bible.....Christ in the desert!
This morning I will be taking the 4 of my 6 kiddos to morning Mass to get ashes. Hubby will take the 2 older boys tonight!
This weekend my oldest son will be going to a hunger retreat. He will sleep in a church in the city with other teens.....and go with out food. {Friday night- Saturday after Mass at 5pm}
During the day on Saturday different groups of teens will be going to soup kitchens and homeless shelters to help others in need down in the heart of the city.

Lent is a time to dig deeper, give more. Strive to be better Stewarts of the gifts God has given us.
Its a time to reflect and pray~
Its a time to help the poorest of the poor~
Its a time to quiet our minds from this busy world and spend time with God~

Blessings in Christ,
Georgiann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!