Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras~



Happy Mardi Gras~
We celerate Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday as a way to clean out the cuberts of all the sugar and baked goods in preparation for Ash Wednesday and the season of Lent!
You can read more about The Season of Lent here!
These pictures are of the youth breakfast that I helped cook at in the wee hours of Saturday morning {6am}! My  older kiddos whom this whole thing was for would NOT get up. (they got home late the night before from a snowboard trip with my sister.) I had offered to cook and was looking forward to going! So, I packed up  my 2 girls and headed off.  It was so early I don't think the birds were even awake!  The menu was, sausage, pancakes and eggs.  I was the offical pancake flipper. My girls stayed right by my side the whole time while I stood by the large grill flipping hotcakes. Jackie and Olivia loved the hats and horns!

Yes, I was tired after having to get up so early, and had to take a nap when I got home.....and forgot my 10yr old son had a basketball game. Nick reminded me 10 mintutes before his game was to start! EEKKK!  We kicked it into high gear and made it there by 1pm. ( it was a blessing that their game and pratice time started late due to a game already going on the court!)
Today I have MOPS and its our tables turn to cook. I'm making (its in the oven now) Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole and a Sweet and Savory Breakfast Casserole that has apples and maple-sausage.
 (if I like the sweet and savory one, I will post the recipe...this is my first time making it! So we'll see)
Well I better scoot~ I have to get ready to go!

Blessings and Love,
Georgiann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!