Monday, June 28, 2010

Farmers Market~

Saturday, while hubby was getting his boat washed and ready to launch come Sunday. Jackie and I slipped away to do some shoppin' down at the local farmers market! Going to the market seemed like a distant memory....doing back to the days of when I had only the boys (4 of them) and lived at our old house. Its been over 6 years since I've been!
I did go with a goal in mind though.......not to just spend money! I wanted to find out when Raspberry season is! I want to make some jam! Come to find out that Raspberry season started the day before. The farm I got my strawberries from also sells many other kinds of berries. The berry vendor told me they can sell the berries cheaper in their store and roadside stand than at the market plus they did not have any with them Saturday.

Jackie was so cute with her little purse flung over her shoulder. I gave her money to carry and pay for the things we decided to get! We bought some rhubarb for a strawberry rhubarb crisp, and a Gold Rush zucchini (yellow zucc) plant and bell pepper plant for the garden.

When Jackie and I first got to the market, I saw a cute little old man sitting in a chair in front of the large brick house. I quickly made friends with the 82 year old man that lives in the large brick house in the picture!
The little old man (Mr.P) was a pediatrician in the area since 1968! (now retired) He's the second owner of the brick house built in 1932! Mr.P had 5 kids of his own and invited us to come over some time and visit! I was on cloud nine! I can't wait to hear Mr. P's stories of the old days!

The weather was warm with a slight breeze. It was an awesome day browsing booths filled with scented candles and handcrafted soaps! Vender's with flowers,crafts, home sewn dresses and knitted wares lined the streets. The smell of food waifed though the park as folks sat in the grass....many eating their lunch. The sound of young girls singing from the stage floated though the crowds as people walked their dogs and browsed the outdoor street market! Some times the sound of the singer on stage was like nails on a chalk board....it made me smile BIG and warmed my heart!

I had a wonderful day strolling the streets with my daughter.......and was still floating on a cloud from meeting my new friend Mr.P!

Another highlight of my weekend was an Estate Sales down the street from my house!
I found many cool things but only bought a few......come back tomorrow and I will show you what I got for only $15.00!
We also went to see Toy Story 3. It was playing at a one room theater in a small town, 15 minutes drive up into the mountains!

I pray everyone had a terrific weekend!


Peace and Love~
Georgiann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments and love to know people are out there....I enjoy making new blog friends!
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!